Today, markets must be approached in a strategic and structured manner. Therefore, companies are becoming increasingly aware of the fact that against this background the professionalization of their sales activities constitutes a key challenge. They have also realized that their managers play a central role in this respect and that there is a great deal of potential available through the individualized, target-oriented management of sales personnel.
GROWTH THROUGH PROFESSIONALIZATION WITHIN THE ORGANIZATION
Particularly in a sales organization with numerous lone wolves, professional market cultivation constitutes a special challenge. Therefore, a uniform understanding of company objectives and strategy represents the basis for successful and professional sales.
The combination of the three competences formed by sales leadership, sales management, and corporate sales, results in a professionalization of sales management and a related improvement in performance.
In line with the requirements of the company and its managerial personnel, leadership, management and sales competences are perfected and targeted on joint objectives in the course of customized programs for sales managers. All the related measures serve the professionalization of sales activities, which represent the driving force behind modern companies.
SALES LEADERSHIP COMPETENCE
- As a sales manager how do I deal with the special challenges emanating from the leadership of my team?
- How can I help my sales team to reach their individual targets through personal leadership and what aspects have to be taken into consideration?
- As a good sales manager, why must I be able to abstract conclusions regarding my own selling activities?
SALES MANAGEMENT COMPETENCE
- How do I translate company strategy into sales strategy in targeted fashion and thus extrapolate individual sales targets for my team?
- What organizational structure do I need in the company in order to implement sales strategy and targets to an optimum extent and what sales process must be followed in order to work efficiently?
- What performance indicators should I employ to measure the success of my sales team and how can systematic tracing be secured?
CORPORATE SALES KOMPETENCE
- How can I capture and develop key accounts effectively?
- How can I understand the business model of the customer and then dock directly with its needs?
- How should I design win-win options with strategically important customers?
- How can I secure my involvement in the customer’s decision-making process?
LIMAK SALES MANAGEMENT EXCELLENCE STUDY
In 2006, authors from the Harvard Business Review drew up a checklist for the assessment of strengths and weaknesses in the sales area (Atkinson und Koprowski, 2006). Using this methodological basis, in 2016 the LIMAK Austrian Business School then carried out its own study on the topic of “Sales Management Excellence” and thereby posed the question as to what characterizes excellent sales organizations.
The LIMAK study identified seven disciplines that make a difference and thus possess concrete development potential:
- The correct use of time
- The discovery, development and motivation of the best employees
- The use of target-oriented management
- Performance measurement and feedback reporting
- The structuring and professionalization of processes
- The adoption of a strategic approach to key account management
- The selection of sales managers with a suitable competence profile
The disciplines and all the findings contained in the LIMAK study were collated in detail within the framework of the LIMAK IN.SPIRE PAPER, which can be downloaded here.
HOW YOUR COMPANY CAN BENEFIT:
Depending upon respective requirements, your sales managers learn how to:
- Adjust sales strategy to company strategy in optimum fashion
- Orientate sales organization towards customer advantages
- Communicate a uniform understanding of sales targets
- Ensure the profitable use of the sales potential of the company, its products and employees
- Improve framework conditions for successful sales
- Increase sales performance
- Professionalize the management of the sales team and selling processes
LIMAK MANAGEMENT MBA Accreditation
Upon your request, the content for the training of sales managers will be designed in such a way as to allow its accreditation for the LIMAK Management MBA. Subject to the possession of the prerequisites for admission, the respective managers will then conclude their further training with a masters degree in business administration.