SAFE WITHIN THE LAW
The role of law and compliance is steadily evolving from that of a supportive function within operational activities into one that determines framework conditions. In recent years, the business sections of the press have become increasingly dominated by reports about companies that have breached statutory or compliance rules. The business community is not only confronted by the challenges derived from the changes in general conditions caused by digitization, but also the need for continual adaptations and both of these factors have moved legal issues into the spotlight. Employees with an enhanced basic understanding of the law can make a significant contribution to company success, as they can point to legal risks and solution corridors in all thematic areas of relevance.
In this program, “DIGITAL INSIDE” support managers during the realization of the digital transformation of their companies on a legal level. The “Legal Framework Conditions in the Digital Age” module deals with the most pressing juridical questions emanating from technological changes such as data protection and intellectual property rights.
The spezialisation of the Business Law MBA is completed in cooperation with ARS – Akademie für Recht, Steuern & Wirtschaft. The participants recieve a certificate of both ARS and LIMAK.
ACT WITH CERTAINTY ON AN INTERNATIONAL LEVEL
The Business Law International MBA offers you the possibility to extend your specialist management study course with an additional stay abroad in the USA or China.
International experience, new contacts, enhanced intercultural competence and expanded professional and personal horizons are just some of the additional capabilities that you will acquire in the course of the study trip.
SHARPEN YOUR PERSONAL SKILLS IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS
- The attainment of certainty during the handling of current legal matters (e.g. data protection rights, etc.) in connection with company management
- Implement legal conditions and compliance measures
- Analyze complex content and clarify special questions relating to specific juridical matters
CREATE CONCRETE ADVANTAGES FOR YOUR OWN COMPANY
- Understand the legal environment of a company and on this basis improve the quality of decision-making
- Obtain and consolidate expert legal knowledge within a company context
- Enhance company problem-solving competence in order to be able to retain lawyers in a more targeted manner
- Obtain new perspectives through the enlargement of company networks to include related and complementary branches
- Prepare a comprehensive, tailor-made solution to a self-chosen topic within the scope of a master’s thesis
STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT IN A GLOBALIZED WORLD
- Group formation and HR-management
- Marketing and strategic management
- Accounting and balance sheet analysis
- Cost accounting and management
- Investment and financing
- Company management under dynamic competitive conditions
- Preparation and implementation of company strategy in situations which require complex decision-making
The focus is on the communication and implementation of fundamental concepts and instruments in the classic management areas. The scope of issues involved extends from the development of strategic objectives and control, to key indicators and the employment of the most important resource, i.e. the workforce. In particular, the economic planning game simulates the topic of company management under dynamic competitive conditions in integrative fashion.
Teaching language: German
MASTER CHALLENGING MANAGEMENT SITUATIONS
- Assume different managerial roles and be able to use various management styles
- Recognize sources of power as the key to managerial success
- Consciously design communications systems and convey information efficiently
- Motivate employees and influence performance-related behavior
UNDERSTAND TEAMS AND LEAD THEM EFFICIENTLY
- Be able to comprehend and steer group development processes
- Comprehend and design group roles and expectations
- Heighten an awareness of group standards and social sanctions
- Recognize group phenomena and develop decision-making strategies
- Be able to turn individuals into high-performance teams
DESIGN AND STEER CHANGE PROCESSES
- Recognize the reasons for resistance to change
- Develop strategies for the handling of opposition
- Be able to employ persuasive strategies for change
- Develop profound analytical skills and an ability to recognize changes in behavior
- Learn to apply diverse impulses for change
The definitive design of the leadership module is targeted on the competences of the course participants. This allows it to take place in both familiar seminar surroundings and in various, experience-oriented learning environments within the framework of outdoor exercises.
Teaching language: German
LEGAL FRAMEWORK CONDITIONS IN THE DIGITAL AGE
- Data protection rights – To what extent does the EU Data Protection Directive affect my company? How do I keep pace with the times in this regard? What does lawful application of the Data Protection Directive look like?
- Intellectual property rights – How can I safeguard inventions and brands?
- Constitutional/administrative law – What concrete effects will digitization have upon my company?
During this extensive module, you learn about the main principles of company and civil law. The most important phases in the life cycle of a company are dealt with in case studies, from the foundation to restructuring, administration and liquidation. The life cycle of contracts forms the centerpiece of the civil law teaching unit and extends from pre-contractual obligations and liabilities to the conclusion of contracts and their clauses, as well as efficient approaches to the solution of disputes that need not automatically lead to court proceedings.
LABOR AND FISCAL LAW
- Labor law – How are employment contracts prepared? What is to be taken into account in the case of terminations of employment or dismissals?
- Works councils – Which companies need a works council? What should be noted during teamwork with a works council?
- Fiscal law – Obligations and room for maneuver. What is to be considered during an audit?
This module deals with issues facing your company that have been triggered by new technological changes. In addition, the module is intended to also offer room for the legal questions of the participants, which emanate from their own business practice and were not dealt with by the pre-modules.
- Compliance – Necessary or spirit of the time?
- Internal control systems – How can one measure and monitor compliance?
- Anti-corruption – At what point does the public prosecutor become interested in gifts?
- Whistleblowing – A means to secure entrepreneurial integrity or an invitation to defamation?
Compliance means adhering to the rules and is intended to oblige companies to abide by the law. This module deals with the main elements in up-to-date “compliance requirements”, which extend to the prevention of conduct open to criminal charges and corruption.
LEGAL QUESTIONS FOR MANAGERS
- Financing – Does Basel III affect my company? Which clauses in loan contracts are worthy of special note? How does legally conformant crowd funding function?
- Intellectual property rights – How can inventions and brands be protected?
- Consumer protection law – What additional rights do my customers have? How should general terms of business be formulated?
This module is dedicated to selected special laws and is intended to also provide room for the participants to raise legal questions derived from their own professional practice, which were not dealt with in the preceding modules.
Teaching language: German
The International Management MBA offers you an opportunity to supplement your specialist managerial MBA with an additional trip to Canada/USA or China. The study trips offer an ideal blend of academic program, company visits and networking, and have the topics of strategy and entrepreneurship as their nucleus. This enables you to gather international experience during your specialized managerial MBA.
The Master’s Thesis and its defense form the integrative conclusion of the MBA program. The aim of the work is to guarantee the transfer of scientific principles to one’s own practical work and thus to create brackets around the individual elements of teaching content. For this purpose, a significant question relating to your own company will be dealt with using the acquired, science-based concepts and methods. As a consequence a direct benefit is created for both you and your company.
Personal Leadership Check (optional)
Recognise your individual areas with scope for development through a personal potential analysis and in-depth coaching units. With the aid of the analysis, you can reach conclusions regarding your targets, strengths, preferences and potential. Tailor-made realisation advancement then takes place in the course of personal coaching.
By means of current case studies, you learn how to also recognize complex juridical problems and design legal solutions for your daily managerial practice.