Use online trends and act safely
An extensive redesign of the marketing possibilities available to every company has taken place during recent years as a result of the impetus derived from the massive advances in the online world. The use of these possibilities in not the question, but rather how one determines an intelligent mix of on- and offline marketing activities in order to employ the available budget means efficiently. The dramatic budgetary shift in the direction of digital marketing is a fact because media behavior has altered to a very large degree. The newly created digital networks permit the focused address of and interaction between the target groups, which was previously impossible. Consequently, this facilitates very extensive coverage and effective advertising with a relatively small budget.
The program offers an excellent overview of the digitization-related trends and possibilities, which in particular relate to marketing and corporate communications. An important model for the development of digital strategies is the customer experience journey, which maps out the individual phases of the purchase decision process transited by the customer. The touch points in the course of this journey constitute the basis for the marketing concepts and measures communicated during the program. The participants obtain an ability to develop a digital marketing strategy and also receive specialist knowledge in areas such as performance marketing (SEO, SEA, analytics), content, social media and mobile marketing, website and e-commerce. Special attention is paid to the legal framework and the aim is to develop a digital marketing concept for actual realization in the participants’ companies.
ACT WITH CERTAINTY ON AN INTERNATIONAL LEVEL
The Digital Marketing Strategy and Communication MBA offers you the possibility to extend your specialist management study course with an additional stay abroad in the USA or China.
International experience, new contacts, enhanced intercultural competence and expanded professional and personal horizons are just some of the additional capabilities that you will acquire in the course of the study trip.
SHARPEN UP YOUR PERSONAL COMPETENCES
- The development of an online marketing strategy
- The recognition and use of current trends, methods and tools
- The analysis and optimization of the means employed
- An understanding of social media and content as a core factor
- A command of the customer journey concept as a basis for successful online marketing
CREATE CONCRETE ADVANTAGES FOR YOUR COMPANY
- The accumulation of digital marketing competence within your company
- Access to new target groups
- The development of a concrete realization plan
- The consideration of legal framework conditions, e.g. data protection during implementation
- Increased efficiency and effectiveness
- Systematic marketing planning by means of analysis and direct feedback from activities
- New perspectives through the enlargement of the company network to related and complementary branches
- A tailor-made, comprehensive solution for a self-selected assignment within the scope of the master’s degree thesis
STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT IN A GLOBALIZED WORLD
- Group formation and HR-management
- Marketing and strategic management
- Accounting and balance sheet analysis
- Cost accounting and management
- Investment and financing
- Company management under dynamic competitive conditions
- Preparation and implementation of company strategy in situations which require complex decision-making
The focus is on the communication and implementation of fundamental concepts and instruments in the classic management areas. The scope of issues involved extends from the development of strategic objectives and control, to key indicators and the employment of the most important resource, i.e. the workforce. In particular, the economic planning game simulates the topic of company management under dynamic competitive conditions in integrative fashion.
Teaching language: German
MASTER CHALLENGING MANAGEMENT SITUATIONS
- Assume different managerial roles and be able to use various management styles
- Recognize sources of power as the key to managerial success
- Consciously design communications systems and convey information efficiently
- Motivate employees and influence performance-related behavior
UNDERSTAND TEAMS AND LEAD THEM EFFICIENTLY
- Be able to comprehend and steer group development processes
- Comprehend and design group roles and expectations
- Heighten an awareness of group standards and social sanctions
- Recognize group phenomena and develop decision-making strategies
- Be able to turn individuals into high-performance teams
DESIGN AND STEER CHANGE PROCESSES
- Recognize the reasons for resistance to change
- Develop strategies for the handling of opposition
- Be able to employ persuasive strategies for change
- Develop profound analytical skills and an ability to recognize changes in behavior
- Learn to apply diverse impulses for change
The definitive design of the leadership module is targeted on the competences of the course participants. This allows it to take place in both familiar seminar surroundings and in various, experience-oriented learning environments within the framework of outdoor exercises.
Teaching language: German
Digital Marketing Strategy and Communication
Digital Marketing and Communication Strategy
- Learn to think digitally and address the topic of digitization
- Become acquainted with the significance of the interdependencies between the individual areas and possibilities, and take these into account during strategy design
- Learn about the transfer of company strategy to the digital marketing strategy via the marketing strategy
- Acquire strategic techniques and methods for the creation of a digital (marketing) strategy
- Get to know the basic principles of customer experience and the customer journey
- Learn about customer experience management and its effects, as well as techniques for its assessment
During this module you obtain an overview of the techniques and methods employed in the strategy development field and strategic thinking within a digital context. You receive a review of digital marketing trends and learn how to draw up and use a customer journey for the concept and design of the customer touch points.
Tools and Conditions in Digital Marketing and Communication
- Performance marketing – become acquainted with concepts for search machine marketing and optimization, and the related measures
- Obtain an insight into the possibilities offered by digital marketing analytics for activity assessment and improvement
- Learn about e-mail and affiliate marketing, and display advertising
- Acquire website design and optimization techniques
- Learn about conversion measurement parameters and methods
- Receive an insight into e-commerce planning
- Become acquainted with content management and social media marketing, as well as their employment
Receive insights into the framework conditions of digital marketing and communication
During this module you become acquainted with and learn to use multifaceted, digital marketing tools for your own company. You are thus able to recognize what is important for the correct employment of these tools and where the chances and risks exist, especially against the background of the legal framework conditions, e.g. data protection and intellectual property rights.
Implementing Digital Marketing Solutions and Benchmarking
- The transfer of strategic considerations to your own area of activity
- The identification of the concrete challenges of digital marketing in your own company
- Definition of the implications for your own digital marketing strategy
- The drawing up of an action plan, subject to adherence to the (legal) framework conditions for your own organization
- Preparation of a resource plan and schedule for realization
- Receipt of the latest impulses and benchmarks
In this module you prepare concrete managerial measures, which are suited to dealing with the issues resulting from digital marketing. You draw up an implementation plan by deducing the need for action in response to a concrete digital marketing challenge, which ideally relates directly to your current area of professional activities.
Teaching language: German
The International Management MBA offers you an opportunity to supplement your specialist managerial MBA with an additional trip to Canada/USA or China. The study trips offer an ideal blend of academic program, company visits and networking, and have the topics of strategy and entrepreneurship as their nucleus. This enables you to gather international experience during your specialized managerial MBA.
The Master’s Thesis and its defense form the integrative conclusion of the MBA program. The aim of the work is to guarantee the transfer of scientific principles to one’s own practical work and thus to create brackets around the individual elements of teaching content. For this purpose, a significant question relating to your own company will be dealt with using the acquired, science-based concepts and methods. As a consequence a direct benefit is created for both you and your company.
Personal Leadership Check (optional)
Recognise your individual areas with scope for development through a personal potential analysis and in-depth coaching units. With the aid of the analysis, you can reach conclusions regarding your targets, strengths, preferences and potential. Tailor-made realisation advancement then takes place in the course of personal coaching.
You apply all the preparation and homework thematically and individually to your company. As a result and with the help of participative learning groups, you will gradually draw up your digital marketing strategy.