USE GROWTH POTENTIAL THROUGH DIGITIZATION
Digital transformation will lead to profound changes in business models, strategies, organizations, communications and work design. Consequently, managers will also be subject to completely new demands. The manner in which companies deal with the changes emanating from new technologies will play a decisive role in determining their ability to compete in future.
The New Business Development in the Digital Economy MBA program provides the essential understanding of current digitization trends and shows what this means in concrete terms for your company. You receive the practical tools required in order to exploit the possibilities of digitization to the full for your company and realize growth potential. During the program, you gradually acquire the competence needed to push the digital transformation ahead in your organization.
ACT WITH CERTAINTY ON AN INTERNATIONAL LEVEL
The New Business Development in the Digital Economy MBA offers you the possibility to extend your specialist management study course with an additional stay abroad in the USA or China.
International experience, new contacts, enhanced intercultural competence and expanded professional and personal horizons are just some of the additional capabilities that you will acquire in the course of the study trip.
SHARPEN UP YOUR PERSONAL COMPETENCES
- Recognize the potential and challenges offered by digitization
- Prepare and implement a digitization strategy
- Draw up and transform business models on the basis of new technologies
- Push digital change processes forward and utilize resources correctly
- Prepare the realization plan for a digitization strategy
CREATE CONCRETE ADVANTAGES FOR YOUR COMPANY
- Become acquainted with the latest technological trends and put them to use for your company
- Draw up a digital business model and transform the existing company model to match the digital world
- Prepare a tailor-made, comprehensive, company-oriented solution for a self-selected assignment within the framework of a master’s thesis
- Obtain fresh perspectives through the expansion of the company network to related and complimentary branches
STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT IN A GLOBALIZED WORLD
- Group formation and HR-management
- Marketing and strategic management
- Accounting and balance sheet analysis
- Cost accounting and management
- Investment and financing
- Company management under dynamic competitive conditions
- Preparation and implementation of company strategy in situations which require complex decision-making
The focus is on the communication and implementation of fundamental concepts and instruments in traditional managerial areas. The range involved extends from the development of strategic objectives to steering via key figures and the deployment of personnel, who constitute a company’s most important resource. In particular, a business planning game simulates the topic of company management under dynamic competitive conditions in an integrative manner.
Teaching language: German
MASTER CHALLENGING MANAGEMENT SITUATIONS
- Assume different managerial roles and be able to use various management styles
- Recognize sources of power as the key to managerial success
- Consciously design communications systems and convey information efficiently
- Motivate employees and influence performance-related behavior
UNDERSTAND TEAMS AND LEAD THEM EFFICIENTLY
- Be able to comprehend and steer group development processes
- Comprehend and design group roles and expectations
- Heighten an awareness of group standards and social sanctions
- Recognize group phenomena and develop decision-making strategies
- Be able to turn individuals into high-performance teams
DESIGN AND STEER CHANGE PROCESSES
- Recognize the reasons for resistance to change
- Develop strategies for the handling of opposition
- Be able to employ persuasive strategies for change
- Develop profound analytical skills and an ability to recognize changes in behavior
- Learn to apply diverse impulses for change
The definitive design of the leadership module is targeted on the competences of the course participants. This allows it to take place in both familiar seminar surroundings and in various, experience-oriented learning environments within the framework of outdoor exercises.
Teaching language: German
New Business Development in the Digital Economy
BECOMING AWARE OF DIGITALIZATION CHALLENGES
- Acquire the competence needed to differentiate between hype and trends
- Become acquainted with technological and social trends
- Obtain an awareness of the effects of the digital economy on a global, European and local level
- Receive an overview of current digital developments on a global, European and local level
- Learn to recognize the status quo with regard to your preparations for the challenges of the global economy.
- Identify the potential of big data and the Internet of Things along with their implications for companies and society
During this module, you receive an overview of the technological and social trends related to digitization and by means of practical assignments learn about the challenges derived from the use of their potential. You will become aware of the challenges of the digital economy and recognize the necessity of reconsidering management in this connection.
MASTERING DIGITAL CHALLENGES
- Strategy – establish company strategy on the basis of digitization
- Business modeling – develop digital business models and transform existing ones
- Organization – initiate and push ahead with the change processes triggered by digitization
- Resource management – The correct use of human and financial resources, knowledge management and networking on the basis of digitization
The employment of digital technologies facilitates the implementation of completely new business models. You will learn what in connection with digitization is of importance to the strategic orientation of your company, be sensitized with regard to the organizational understanding required for implementation and deal with the fresh possibilities for resource management.
IMPLEMENTING MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS TO DIGITAL CHALLENGES
- Identification of the concrete challenges posed by the digital economy in your company
- Definition of the implications for your company strategy
- Preparation of an action plan for your organization
- Extrapolation of defined measures for changes to the business model in your company
- Drawing up of resource planning and scheduling for realization
- Data security – identification of the risks and limits of digital business models and the preparation of solutions
During this module you prepare concrete management measures, which are suited to dealing with the challenges of digitization in practice. In addition, you learn how to classify the change requirement, the areas affected with regard to strategy, the business model, resources, organization and security within your company and to prepare an implementation plan. Furthermore, you also learn how to adequately assess the risks of digitization.
Teaching language: German
The International Management MBA offers you an opportunity to supplement your specialist managerial MBA with an additional trip to Canada/USA or China. The study trips offer an ideal blend of academic program, company visits and networking, and have the topics of strategy and entrepreneurship as their nucleus. This enables you to gather international experience during your specialized managerial MBA.
The Master’s Thesis and its defense form the integrative conclusion of the MBA program. The aim of the work is to guarantee the transfer of scientific principles to one’s own practical work and thus to create brackets around the individual elements of teaching content. For this purpose, a significant question relating to your own company will be dealt with using the acquired, science-based concepts and methods. As a consequence a direct benefit is created for both you and your company.
Personal Leadership Check (optional)
Recognise your individual areas with scope for development through a personal potential analysis and in-depth coaching units. With the aid of the analysis, you can reach conclusions regarding your targets, strengths, preferences and potential. Tailor-made realisation advancement then takes place in the course of personal coaching.
You can utilize the reflection work that you complete in order to push forward the use of your individual competences within your working context. Participative learning groups assist you with the tailoring of method sets that match your challenges.