CORRECT STRATEGIC AND ENTREPRENEURIAL DECISIONS
Strategic Management and Corporate Entrepreneurship is a first class program that does not focus on everyday “fashions and myths”, but rather tools that have a solid theoretical foundation, but are suitable for practical application. The course conveys how intensified strategic and entrepreneurial thought can be implemented at larger companies. As a decision-maker in an SME, you will deal with strategic entrepreneurship and on the basis of the altered framework conditions and demands, receive the tools needed in order to successfully shape your actions in the long-term through the use of new technologies.
During this program decision-makers are enabled to account for the effects of the digital economy upon company strategy in such a way that the opportunities emanating from these changes are identified and integrated into business area strategies and business models. The “Strategic Management in a Digital Environment” module communicates the competences needed to use digitization potential, activate its possibilities and incorporate it into strategy.
ACT WITH CERTAINTY ON AN INTERNATIONAL LEVEL
The Strategic Management and Corporate Entrepreneurship International MBA offers you the possibility to extend your specialist management study course with an additional stay abroad in the USA or China.
International experience, new contacts, enhanced intercultural competence and expanded professional and personal horizons are just some of the additional capabilities that you will acquire in the course of the study trip.
SHARPEN YOUR PERSONAL SKILLS IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS
- Learn to act in an entrepreneurial manner and successfully design your company on a lasting basis in the digital age
- Become acquainted with alternative company steering possibilities and learn to apply them
- Company management using KPIs
- The clarification of legal questions relating to company reorganization
CREATE CONCRETE ADVANTAGES FOR YOUR OWN COMPANY
- Anchor an entrepreneurial and digital mindset within your organization
- Utilize strategic development tools for your company
- The development of company and business area strategies
- New perspectives through the enlargement of the company network to include related or complementary branches
- The preparation of a comprehensive and company-oriented solution of a personally selected assignment within the scope of the master’s thesis
STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT IN A GLOBALIZED WORLD
- Group formation and HR-management
- Marketing and strategic management
- Accounting and balance sheet analysis
- Cost accounting and management
- Investment and financing
- Company management under dynamic competitive conditions
- Preparation and implementation of company strategy in situations which require complex decision-making
The focus is on the communication and implementation of fundamental concepts and instruments in the classic management areas. The scope of issues involved extends from the development of strategic objectives and control, to key indicators and the employment of the most important resource, i.e. the workforce. In particular, the economic planning game simulates the topic of company management under dynamic competitive conditions in integrative fashion.
Teaching language: German
MASTER CHALLENGING MANAGEMENT SITUATIONS
- Assume different managerial roles and be able to use various management styles
- Recognize sources of power as the key to managerial success
- Consciously design communications systems and convey information efficiently
- Motivate employees and influence performance-related behavior
UNDERSTAND TEAMS AND LEAD THEM EFFICIENTLY
- Be able to comprehend and steer group development processes
- Comprehend and design group roles and expectations
- Heighten an awareness of group standards and social sanctions
- Recognize group phenomena and develop decision-making strategies
- Be able to turn individuals into high-performance teams
DESIGN AND STEER CHANGE PROCESSES
- Recognize the reasons for resistance to change
- Develop strategies for the handling of opposition
- Be able to employ persuasive strategies for change
- Develop profound analytical skills and an ability to recognize changes in behavior
- Learn to apply diverse impulses for change
The definitive design of the leadership module is targeted on the competences of the course participants. This allows it to take place in both familiar seminar surroundings and in various, experience-oriented learning environments within the framework of outdoor exercises.
Teaching language: German
STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT AND Corporate ENTREPRENEURSHIP
COMPLEXITY AND DECISION-MAKING
- Recognize the significance of complexity in company management
- Become acquainted with management theories and the handling of complexity
- Understand complexity and entrepreneurship
- Develop strategies for the handling of complexity
- Work on decision-making theories
- Apply forms of decision-making and the related models
- Weigh-up decisions and risks
You will learn strategies for the effective handling of complexity as a company manager. You become able to identify the sources of incorrect decisions and acquainted with methods and models that support you during the decision-making process with regard to globalization, competitiveness and other factors. Following the completion of this thematic module you will understand the decision-making process taking into account possible risks and consequences.
- Implement strategic management theories and concepts
- Use marketing strategy and operative marketing for positioning
- Adhere to the concept of organizational capabilities and its practical application
- Define and manage entrepreneurial performance
- Study entrepreneurship and performance management phases
- Design and employ performance management
In this module, a focus is placed on strategic management as a major aspect of company management. You define the long-term objectives of company orientation while taking into account digitization and implement them in the strategies, structures and systems of your organization.
- Entrepreneurship as a company management approach
- Recognition of the connection between entrepreneurship and innovations
- Make the acquaintance of types innovations and their significance
- Apply business model innovation as a comprehensive approach
- Define the purpose and structure of a business plan
- Clarify legal questions regarding company reorganization
- Compliance – a blessing or a curse for companies?
Innovations constitute the most important contribution to the securing of future corporate success. You learn to estimate the opportunities provided by radical innovations and employ them in the form of new strategies, receive the tools required to implement such strategies and their translation into long-term, operative success. You learn entrepreneurship in the very best sense of the term.
Teaching language: German and English
The International Management MBA offers you an opportunity to supplement your specialist managerial MBA with an additional trip to Canada/USA or China. The study trips offer an ideal blend of academic program, company visits and networking, and have the topics of strategy and entrepreneurship as their nucleus. This enables you to gather international experience during your specialized managerial MBA.
The Master’s Thesis and its defense form the integrative conclusion of the MBA program. The aim of the work is to guarantee the transfer of scientific principles to one’s own practical work and thus to create brackets around the individual elements of teaching content. For this purpose, a significant question relating to your own company will be dealt with using the acquired, science-based concepts and methods. As a consequence a direct benefit is created for both you and your company.
Personal Leadership Check (optional)
Recognise your individual areas with scope for development through a personal potential analysis and in-depth coaching units. With the aid of the analysis, you can reach conclusions regarding your targets, strengths, preferences and potential. Tailor-made realisation advancement then takes place in the course of personal coaching.
You can use the reflective work that you have to complete in order to advance your individual change competences within your working context. Participative learning groups will assist you during the customizing of a set of methods that is appropriate for your change challenges.