GAIN A LEAD WITH INNOVATION
This program is specially designed to meet the demands of future-oriented innovation management. The link between the latest scientific findings and work on practical innovation projects results in the outstanding preparation of managers and young managerial talent for the challenge posed by innovation in an increasingly digitized economy.
The Innovation Management MBA unites your experience with our scientific competence. It is thus the ideal MBA for all those wishing to actively shape the future with new or improved products, services or processes. As prerequisites, this requires managerial experience, a willingness to think out of the box and the openness needed for an intensive inter-branch dialogue.
The focus of “DIGITAL INSIDE” is on the conception and implementation of digital business models. The Innovation Strategy and Digital Business Modeling module deals with the analysis of existing business models and the potential changes emanating from technological possibilities. This involves realistic content regarding digital disruption and transformation, as well as its impact upon innovation strategies and the business model innovation process.
SHARPEN YOUR PERSONAL SKILLS IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS
- Develop and implement innovation strategies
- Use the latest innovation management trends
- Generate, evaluate, select and manage ideas
- Establish the success factors contained in a (digital) business model
- Successfully launch innovations onto the market
- Experience innovation processes live in the Innovation Lab
STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT IN A GLOBALIZED WORLD
- Group formation and HR-management
- Marketing and strategic management
- Accounting and balance sheet analysis
- Cost accounting and management
- Investment and financing
- Company management under dynamic competitive conditions
- Preparation and implementation of company strategy in situations which require complex decision-making
The focus is on the communication and implementation of fundamental concepts and instruments in traditional managerial areas. The range involved extends from the development of strategic objectives to steering via key figures and the deployment of personnel, who constitute a company’s most important resource. In particular, a business planning game simulates the topic of company management under dynamic competitive conditions in an integrative manner.
Teaching language: German
MASTER CHALLENGING MANAGEMENT SITUATIONS
- Assume different managerial roles and be able to use various management styles
- Recognize sources of power as the key to managerial success
- Consciously design communications systems and convey information efficiently
- Motivate employees and influence performance-related behavior
UNDERSTAND TEAMS AND LEAD THEM EFFICIENTLY
- Be able to comprehend and steer group development processes
- Comprehend and design group roles and expectations
- Heighten an awareness of group standards and social sanctions
- Recognize group phenomena and develop decision-making strategies
- Be able to turn individuals into high-performance teams
DESIGN AND STEER CHANGE PROCESSES
- Recognize the reasons for resistance to change
- Develop strategies for the handling of opposition
- Be able to employ persuasive strategies for change
- Develop profound analytical skills and an ability to recognize changes in behavior
- Learn to apply diverse impulses for change
The definitive design of the leadership module is targeted on the competences of the course participants. This allows it to take place in both familiar seminar surroundings and in various, experience-oriented learning environments within the framework of outdoor exercises.
Teaching language: German
- Innovation dimensions – comprehend the challenges of innovations, the basic principles available for selection and the implementation of innovation tools
- Innovation challenges – recognize the potential and limits of innovation management, as well its economic, social and ethical implications
- Idea choice and management – generate, evaluate, select and manage ideas
DEVELOP AND INTRODUCE INNOVATIONS
Design innovation processes
- Technology management – understand modern and established technology management concepts, from stage-gate concepts to crowd sourcing and sharing approaches
- Innovation strategy and digital business modeling – know the success factors in a (digital) business model, the significance of digitization for innovation strategies and business model innovations, and identify future-oriented technologies
- Marketing perspective – successfully launch innovations onto the market
THINK AND ACT INNOVATIVELY
- Disruptive innovation in action – comprehend and implement disruptive innovations
- Developing an innovative mind-set – break through rigid routines and thought patterns, open the door to innovative thinking
- Innovation Lab – successfully implement the acquired innovation competences in your own project
Teaching language: German
The Master’s Thesis and its defense form the integrative conclusion of the MBA program. The aim of the work is to guarantee the transfer of scientific principles to one’s own practical work and thus to create brackets around the individual elements of teaching content. For this purpose, a significant question relating to your own company will be dealt with using the acquired, science-based concepts and methods. As a consequence a direct benefit is created for both you and your company.
Personal Leadership Check (optional)
Recognise your individual areas with scope for development through a personal potential analysis and in-depth coaching units. With the aid of the analysis, you can reach conclusions regarding your targets, strengths, preferences and potential. Tailor-made realisation advancement then takes place in the course of personal coaching.
You can use the reflective work that you have to complete in order to advance your individual change competences within your working context. Participative learning groups will assist you during the customizing of a set of methods that is appropriate for your change challenges.
International Management MBA
The International Management MBA offers you the possibility to extend your specialist management study course with an additional stay abroad in Canada/USA or China. The study trips incorporate an ideal blend of an academic program, company visits and networking. You gather international experience and therefore expand your perspectives.