Compact general management training with an academic degree
The Master in Management (MIM) course will furnish you with valuable business management know-how in the areas of strategic, personnel and financial management, marketing and economics for the successful performance of a managerial assignment within your company. In addition, your leadership skills will be further improved through the examination of your own leadership approach, as well as leadership within both a team and an organizational context. You will also discover how to employ your conceptual capabilities as a major managerial competence. Within the scope of a transfer project and a master’s thesis you will learn how to implement the content and skills acquired on a theoretical level in a practice-oriented manner.
SHARPEN YOUR PERSONAL SKILLS IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS
- Fundamental management models as a frame of reference for target-oriented company management
- Successful financial company management and key controlling processes and instruments
- How to develop an eye for essentials and the overall picture in order to think and act trans-sectorially
- How to reflect upon and expand your own managerial attitudes
- The competent analysis and control of team processes
- How to understand and actively shape change processes
CREATE CONCRETE ADVANTAGES FOR YOUR OWN COMPANY
- Excellent preparation for a managerial function in a dynamic and global environment
- The tailor-made, comprehensive and company-oriented solution of a self-selected assignment within the framework of a master’s thesis
- New perspectives derived from the expansion of the company network to include related or complementary branches
STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT IN A GLOBALIZED WORLD
- Group formation and HR-management
- Marketing and strategic management
- Accounting and balance sheet analysis
- Cost accounting and management
- Investment and financing
Business Simulation and Law
- Company management under dynamic competitive conditions
- Preparation and implementation of company strategy
- Business Law
The focus is on the communication and implementation of fundamental concepts and instruments in traditional managerial areas. The range involved extends from the development of strategic objectives to steering via key figures and the deployment of personnel, who constitute a company’s most important resource. In particular, a business planning game simulates the topic of company management under dynamic competitive conditions in an integrative manner.
Teaching language: German
MASTER CHALLENGING MANAGEMENT SITUATIONS
- Assume different managerial roles and be able to use various management styles
- Recognize sources of power as the key to managerial success
- Consciously design communications systems and convey information efficiently
- Motivate employees and influence performance-related behavior
UNDERSTAND TEAMS AND LEAD THEM EFFICIENTLY
- Be able to comprehend and steer group development processes
- Comprehend and design group roles and expectations
- Heighten an awareness of group standards and social sanctions
- Recognize group phenomena and develop decision-making strategies
- Be able to turn individuals into high-performance teams
DESIGN AND STEER CHANGE PROCESSES
- Recognize the reasons for resistance to change
- Develop strategies for the handling of opposition
- Be able to employ persuasive strategies for change
- Develop profound analytical skills and an ability to recognize changes in behavior
- Learn to apply diverse impulses for change
The definitive design of the leadership module is targeted on the competences of the course participants. This allows it to take place in both familiar seminar surroundings and in various, experience-oriented learning environments within the framework of outdoor exercises.
Teaching language: German
The aim of the transfer project is the implementation of the theoretical knowledge obtained during an actual, practice-related company case study. The end of the transfer project is marked by transfer/practical work, which summarizes the information obtained, and a project presentation.
The Master’s Thesis and its defense form the integrative conclusion of the Master in Management program. The aim of the work is to guarantee the transfer of scientific principles to one’s own practical work and thus to create brackets around the individual elements of teaching content. For this purpose, a significant question relating to your own company will be dealt with using the acquired, science-based concepts and methods. As a consequence a direct benefit is created for both you and your company.
Personal Leadership Check (optional)
Recognise your individual areas with scope for development through a personal potential analysis and in-depth coaching units. With the aid of the analysis, you can reach conclusions regarding your targets, strengths, preferences and potential. Tailor-made realisation advancement then takes place in the course of personal coaching.
You can use the reflective work that you have to complete in order to advance your individual change competences within your working context. Participative learning groups will assist you during the customizing of a set of methods that is appropriate for your change challenges.
RECOGNITION FOR A MANAGEMENT MBA
An upgrade from the Master in Management course to an LIMAK Management MBA is possible via the completion of one optional subject from the Management MBA course. However, the award of a “Master of Business Administration” degree cancels the right to use the academic title of “Master in Management”.