Improvement is impossible without movement and the only companies to enjoy long-term success are those that are focused and develop products and services with speed, flexibility and new business models. However, what actually is agility? What prerequisites must companies possess and which agile methods are suited to a company and its various units? What consequences result for senior executives, managers and the workforce?
It these questions that this five-week LIMAK online course answers. The aim is to enable participants to become acquainted with the principles of agile management and its working methods, as well as the identification of areas of application for gradual implementation at their own companies. The course represents a blend of expert impulses, best practice and a dialogue between the attendees and assignments, which can be completed individually and against the background of the challenges faced by the students in their companies. The course is also supplemented by feedback from its director and a concluding Concept Challenge.
- Analysis of the status quo in a company
- Best practice: learning from pioneering companies
- Development of a specific, step-by-step company approach for the application and integration of an agile mindset and working methods
Please fill in the following registration form. As soon as we have received your data, you will be contacted immediately with information on the next steps.
Study Week 1
21 – 27 OCTOBER 2019 – INTRODUCTION & BASIC TERMS
You receive an introduction to the topic that starts with the beginnings of agile thought and action. You learn why and how you can make your company faster.
- What companies are currently changing: new paths to an efficient organization
- Agile manifesto: the basic principles and values of agile teams and how one facilitates cooperation and room for design
Study Week 2
28 OCTOBER – 3 NOVEMBER 2019 – AGILE MINDSET & TOOLS
You become acquainted with standard agile methods and their possibilities for employment in practice, and also learn what preconditions have to be created for this purpose.
- Four agile team methods: design thinking, design sprints, kanban, scrum
- Other agile methods and principles in everyday working: AoH & lightning structures, work hacks & 24 further possibilities for increasing agility
- Webinar 1: inputs through an interactive live webinar
5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, 29 October 2019
Study Week 3
4 – 10 NOVEMBER 2019 – TEAMS CONQUER NEW TERRITORY
You discover the challenges that emanate from working with agile teams and how you can maintain their working and connective capacity.
- Agile doing – searching for stumbling blocks: team recruiting, co-creation formats with customers, spaces, formulation of challenges, unfamiliar roles, ritual redesign, connective capacity of results, systemic effects
- Webinar 2: inputs through an interactive live webinar
5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, 7 November 2019
Study Week 4
11 – 17 NOVEMBER 2019 – AGILE IMPLEMENTATION
You learn how agile team principles can be gradually transferred to the complete organization and which strategic steps you must take.
- Why agile teams have nothing to do with business agility!
- “Doing vs. being agile” – shaping the mindset in one’s own company
- The corporate culture Achilles heel
- Webinar 3: inputs through an interactive live webinar
5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, 12 November 2019
Study Week 5
18 – 24 NOVEMBER 2019 – AGILE TRANSFORMATION
You develop a step-by-step approach for your organization regarding the utilization and integration of the agile mindset and working methods.
- Step-by-step agility in your company: “The path is created by moving”“
5 P.M. 27 NOVEMBER 2019 – CONCEPT CHALLENGE
In line with agile working, in order that your final step-by-step approach can be further developed iteratively, it will be put to the test in a concluding Concept Challenge in small online groups with the course director.
Technical equipment and study materials
No special technical equipment is needed for participation in an online course. Apart from Internet access, all that is required are a laptop, tablet or smartphone and a headset (for webinars).
During the five study weeks, via the LIMAK Online Campus you will receive all the relevant documentation and assignments in the form of e-books, scientific articles, case studies and videos.
Within a pre-stated time, weekly assignments are to be carried out individually (e.g. quizzes for self-examination, checklists and reflection tasks).
Individual project work is also to be completed parallel to the weekly assignments with the aim of developing a digital business model step-by-step.
The LIMAK Online Campus is employed as a shared communications platform and can be used at any time for requests to the LIMAK program support team for (technical and organizational) assistance, contacts with the course director, or exchanges with colleagues during group forums.
You will be sent a link in advance for participation in the three live webinars in order that you can easily gain entry to the web meeting without the installation of additional software.
Participation in the webinars is compulsory. A recording of the webinar will be subsequently made available.
- Are ECTS allocated for the online courses?
There are no ECTS for LIMAK online courses.
- What do I receive when I register for an online course?
If you register for an online course, you will be given access to all the contributions and content that you require to complete the program and subsequently be awarded a certificate. This includes access to the LIMAK Online Campus and the entire content, which is presented through it in the form of consecutive, incremental weeks. During the individual learning weeks, electronic study materials (e.g. e-book, videos), assignments (e.g. quizzes, project work) and software for the webinars will be provided.
- When do I receive access to the online learning units?
You will have access to the Info Center and the first study week from the start of the course. You will thus receive all the necessary information for successful course completion and can begin working on the content and the initial assignments of the first study week. Subsequently, a further study week will be released in order to be able to guarantee you a structured, didactic and contentual structure.
- Is technical support available during the course?
During the entire duration of the online course, a LIMAK course assistant will be at your service. You will receive all the necessary information regarding technical equipment and an introduction to the appropriate tools (webinars, etc.) in the first study week. Furthermore, during the live webinars, the LIMAK course assistant is available for presentation and support.
- Are there possibilities for dialogue with colleagues?
Dialogue amongst the participants is extremely important and is promoted during the online course in various ways. On the learning platform, there is a chaired discussion forum for networking.
- What happens if I fail to complete the online assignments in the given time?
The pre-stated deadlines are structured on the basis of a didactic concept. The high quality of the online course program cannot be secured unless the assignments are also finished in the appropriate sequence. The LIMAK final certificate is only awarded when all the deadlines have been met.
- May I also use the content and assignments following the end of the course?
You may employ the content for up to three weeks after the course has been concluded. In order to obtain the LIMAK final certificate all assignments must be completed on time.
- Do I receive a certificate even if I do not complete all the assignments?
The online course is seen as having been passed when all the assignments (e.g. quizzes, project work, peer evaluation) have been carried out and you participated in all the webinars. Following the conclusion of the course, you will then receive a LIMAK certificate.
- Is webinar attendance compulsory?
Webinar participation is obligatory because owing to the related interactive exchanges and know-how communication, they represent a decisive part of the course.