STRATEGIC ACTION IN THE DIGITAL AGE
The LIMAK Global Executive MBA offers leading edge academic know-how, methods and tools. Not only your managerial competences, but also your leadership qualities will be enhanced. The Strategic Management and Corporate Entrepreneurship specialization communicates how stronger strategic and entrepreneurial thinking can be implemented within a company. Moreover, the in-depth New Business Development in the Digital Economy program demonstrates what this means for a company and how you can draw up a digital business model. Consequently, during a Global Executive MBA course you receive the tools needed to shape your actions for lasting success. The two one-week trips to the USA or China round off the program.
Sharpen up your personal competences
- Learn about and employ tools and methods for successful company management
- Learn about systematic approaches to complex issues within a professional context
- Learn about strategies and courses of action for company management, and how to employ them
- Recognize the latest technological trends
- Prepare and transform digital business models on the basis of new technologies
Establish concrete advantages for your own company
- Understand the company and its environment in all their complexity and on this basis improve the quality of decisions
- Apply strategic development methods at your company
- Acquire fresh perspectives through the enlargement of the company network to include related and complementary branches
- Achieve the tailor-made and comprehensive solution of an assignment of your choice within the framework of the master’s thesis
STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT IN A GLOBALIZED WORLD
- Group formation and HR-management
- Marketing and strategic management
- Accounting and balance sheet analysis
- Cost accounting and management
- Investment and financing
- Company management under dynamic competitive conditions
- Preparation and implementation of company strategy in situations which require complex decision-making
The focus is on the communication and implementation of fundamental concepts and instruments in the classic management areas. The scope of issues involved extends from the development of strategic objectives and control, to key indicators and the employment of the most important resource, i.e. the workforce. In particular, the economic planning game simulates the topic of company management under dynamic competitive conditions in integrative fashion.
Teaching language: German
MASTER CHALLENGING MANAGEMENT SITUATIONS
- Assume different managerial roles and be able to use various management styles
- Recognize sources of power as the key to managerial success
- Consciously design international communications systems and convey information efficiently
- Motivate employees and influence performance-related behavior
UNDERSTAND TEAMS AND LEAD THEM EFFICIENTLY
- Intercultural leadership – be able to comprehend and steer group development processes
- Heighten an awareness of group standards and social sanctions
- Recognize group phenomena and develop decision-making strategies
- Be able to turn individuals into high-performance teams
DESIGN AND STEER GLOBAL CHANGE PROCESSES
- Recognize the reasons for resistance to change
- Develop strategies for the handling of opposition
- Be able to employ persuasive strategies for change
- Develop profound analytical skills and an ability to recognize changes in behavior
- Learn to apply diverse impulses for change
Teaching languages: German/English
STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT AND Corporate ENTREPRENEURSHIP or New Business Development in the Digital Economy
In the Global Executive MBA you have the opportunity to choose from two specializations: Strategic Management and Corporate Entrepreneurship or New Business Development in the Digital Economy.
STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT AND Corporate ENTREPRENEURSHIP
COMPLEXITY AND DECISION-MAKING
- Recognize the significance of complexity in company management
- Become acquainted with management theories and the handling of complexity
- Understand complexity and entrepreneurship
- Develop strategies for the handling of complexity
- Work on decision-making theories
- Apply forms of decision-making and the related models
- Weigh-up decisions and risks
You will learn strategies for the effective handling of complexity as a company manager. You become able to identify the sources of incorrect decisions and acquainted with methods and models that support you during the decision-making process with regard to globalization, competitiveness and other factors. Following the completion of this thematic module you will understand the decision-making process taking into account possible risks and consequences.
- Implement strategic management theories and concepts
- Use marketing strategy and operative marketing for positioning
- Adhere to the concept of organizational capabilities and its practical application
- Define and manage entrepreneurial performance
- Study entrepreneurship and performance management phases
- Design and employ performance management
In this module, a focus is placed on strategic management as a major aspect of company management. You define the long-term objectives of company orientation while taking into account digitization and implement them in the strategies, structures and systems of your organization.
- Entrepreneurship as a company management approach
- Recognition of the connection between entrepreneurship and innovations
- Make the acquaintance of types innovations and their significance
- Apply business model innovation as a comprehensive approach
- Define the purpose and structure of a business plan
- Clarify legal questions regarding company reorganization
- Compliance – a blessing or a curse for companies?
Innovations constitute the most important contribution to the securing of future corporate success. You learn to estimate the opportunities provided by radical innovations and employ them in the form of new strategies, receive the tools required to implement such strategies and their translation into long-term, operative success. You learn entrepreneurship in the very best sense of the term.
Teaching language: German and English
NEW BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT IN THE DIGITAL ECONOMY
BECOMING AWARE OF DIGITALIZATION CHALLENGES
- Acquire the competence needed to differentiate between hype and trends
- Become acquainted with technological and social trends
- Obtain an awareness of the effects of the digital economy on a global, European and local level
- Receive an overview of current digital developments on a global, European and local level
- Learn to recognize the status quo with regard to your preparations for the challenges of the global economy.
- Identify the potential of big data and the Internet of Things along with their implications for companies and society
During this module, you receive an overview of the technological and social trends related to digitization and by means of practical assignments learn about the challenges derived from the use of their potential. You will become aware of the challenges of the digital economy and recognize the necessity of reconsidering management in this connection.
MASTERING DIGITAL CHALLENGES
- Strategy – establish company strategy on the basis of digitization
- Business modeling – develop digital business models and transform existing ones
- Organization – initiate and push ahead with the change processes triggered by digitization
- Resource management – The correct use of human and financial resources, knowledge management and networking on the basis of digitization
The employment of digital technologies facilitates the implementation of completely new business models. You will learn what in connection with digitization is of importance to the strategic orientation of your company, be sensitized with regard to the organizational understanding required for implementation and deal with the fresh possibilities for resource management.
IMPLEMENTING MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS TO DIGITAL CHALLENGES
- Identification of the concrete challenges posed by the digital economy in your company
- Definition of the implications for your company strategy
- Preparation of an action plan for your organization
- Extrapolation of defined measures for changes to the business model in your company
- Drawing up of resource planning and scheduling for realization
- Data security – identification of the risks and limits of digital business models and the preparation of solutions
During this module you prepare concrete management measures, which are suited to dealing with the challenges of digitization in practice. In addition, you learn how to classify the change requirement, the areas affected with regard to strategy, the business model, resources, organization and security within your company and to prepare an implementation plan. Furthermore, you also learn how to adequately assess the risks of digitization.
Teaching language: German
The Master’s Thesis and its defense form the integrative conclusion of the MBA program. The aim of the work is to guarantee the transfer of scientific principles to one’s own practical work and thus to create brackets around the individual elements of teaching content. For this purpose, a significant question relating to your own company will be dealt with using the acquired, science-based concepts and methods. As a consequence a direct benefit is created for both you and your company.
Personal Leadership Check (optional)
Recognise your individual areas with scope for development through a personal potential analysis and in-depth coaching units. With the aid of the analysis, you can reach conclusions regarding your targets, strengths, preferences and potential. Tailor-made realisation advancement then takes place in the course of personal coaching.
One-week study trips to Canada/USA and China are provided that include both an academic program and company tours. In teamwork with our partner universities, LIMAK’s Global Management MBA offers a program that combines integrated specialist competence, regional know-how and inter-cultural learning. Not only are the latest managerial concepts presented during the study trips, but also company visits and discussions with top managers provide profound insights into the strategies for success of international companies, and a unique opportunity to experience other cultures.
The transfer from science into the practical sphere plays an important role in the Global Management MBA. On the one hand, case studies and interactive teaching methods promote an exchange of experience within the group and on the other, within the framework of an evening lounge and interesting LIMAK Club events, experts provide impulses for discussion and possibilities are created for establishing fresh contacts and the cultivation of existing connections. Visits to international companies provide insights into the challenges of everyday practice and an opportunity to debate these within a selected circle. Apart from the program, you also receive first class sparring with a business coach for the intensive preparation of an individual topic.